Hey there, and welcome to the site! If you’re looking for a place where you can watch a casual Magic player get more focused on the game, but not lose the desire to cast as many Fact or Fictions as possible during a game of EDH/Commander (note the banner), you’re in luck. 2015 marks the year in which I’m going to try and focus in on becoming better at Magic, whether it be by practicing Modern as much as possible at the local store or firing up Duels of the Planeswalkers and running RUG Land Destruction/Mill in an attempt to crush souls.
Things you can expect to see on the blog in the coming year include but are not limited to:
- Modern prep in the run up to GP Detroit. We’re playing UR Twin, with only a little bit of prior experience.
- Some friendly Pauper and Cube tourney breakdowns.
- EDH decklists, ideas, and madness.
- A man’s attempt to figure out Magic Online (probably starting with Pauper).
- Aaaand maybe some streams of Duels and/or Magic Online.
Things you can expect not to see:
- Standard, Legacy, and Vintage content. For the most part, these formats just aren’t for me. However, casual, wacky Standard content may appear. If you enjoyed the Maze’s End deck, you’ll enjoy any Standard content that happens to pop up.
And that’s the intro! Expect another update later this week when I start running UR Twin at my local shop, starting with a 15 card special sideboard.